Unemployment benefit

Our employee members can choose to belong to the Unemployment Fund for Higher Educated Employees Erko.

When you have been a member in the unemployment fund and working under a work contract for a minimum of half a year, the unemployment fund can grant you an earnings-related allowance if you become unemployed. The membership fee for the unemployment fund is included in the membership fee of KAJ. 

Read more about the conditions that earnings-related allowance is based on.

Note that you are entitled to pay a membership fee also for the benefits paid by the Unemployment Fund for Higher Educated Employees Erko (e.g. earnings-related allowance, alternation allowance and educational support).

If you are an independent professional/entrepreneur member, you should join the Ammatinharjoittajien ja yrittäjien työttömyyskassa AYT or Suomen yrittäjien työttömyyskassa (SYT) to insure yourself against unemployment.

Poutapilvi web design - P4 - julkaisujärjestelmä